Search is on for loyal Royals

Published: 15 Apr 2012 16:455 comments

THE Chronicle is searching for loyal Reading fans to share their stories with the town. With Brian McDermott's men within touching distance of a triumphant return to the Premier League, we are urging readers to get in touch and tell us about their love affair with the club.

Your house may be covered in Royals memorabilia, you may be a diehard fan who has missed an important family do or work function to make a vital Reading match, or not missed a game all season or even longer.

Do you have to travel hundreds of miles to make a home match? Is part of Elm Park sitting in your back garden? Have you ever bumped into your Reading heroes in the most unusual of locations?

Are your children named after some of the Simod Cup winning side of 1988? Did your wedding have a blue and white theme? Or do you go to games with multiple generations of your Royals supporting family?

If you have a story to tell, help us celebrate the town's passion for the club by calling the newsdesk on 0118 955 3308 or emailing agore@berksmedia.co.uk

Jump to first paragraph.

Comments

Have your say - post a comment on this article

Registered users log in here
If you are registered with us, you can login here. If you are not registered, please do so now. Once logged in you wont have to complete word verification each time you post.

• HAMHAMsterMan
    Unregistered User
    Apr 16, 08:13

I sense there are suddenly going to be a lot more "Lifelong Loyal Royals" now that they're so close to promotion again

Recommend?   Yes 7     No 3

• Bushes Bernal
    Unregistered User
    Apr 16, 12:24

I'm no fair weather fan fella and have ate more pies at the Mad Stad than is surely good for a pie scoffing fan fella.

Recommend?   Yes 4     No 4

• HAMHAMsterMan
    Unregistered User
    Apr 16, 12:50

I'm fella sure fella that's fella the fella case fella, but fella there fella are fella a fella lot fella of fella people fella who fella will fella suddenly fella be fella fans fella

Recommend?   Yes 3     No 3

• John Arch
    Unregistered User
    Apr 16, 18:03

Been a lifelong Royals Fan since the early 70's. I remember going to Elm Park for the home games, Southbank Ruled. I used to travel to some away games also, Swansea, Aldershot (FA cup I think), Oxford, Swindon etc. I lost track of them for a while when I moved to the USA in the 80's but with the age of the Internet, I was able to find them again and have kept close track on them since the Reading Web page went live.

I look forward to the Premiership again as I can watch them over here on Fox Soccer Channel.

GO READING!!!!

Recommend?   Yes 0     No 2

• dave
    Unregistered User
    Apr 19, 18:32

i travelled from milford haven in wales to watch tuesdays amazing game it was well worth the mileage didnt get into the car until close to midnight and got home at 4am i was shattered but it was a night i will never forget

Recommend?   Yes 1     No 0