Family escape kitchen fire

Published: 12 Apr 2012 09:300 comments

A QUICK-THINKING mother led her two young children to safety when their kitchen caught fire.

The woman, believed to be in her 30s, evacuated the youngsters from their semi-detached house in Windermere Road, Whitley, at 6.20pm yesterday (Wednesday) when a clock accidentally placed on top of an oven hob began smouldering.

Crews from Wokingham Road and Whitley Wood fire stations praised the woman for shutting the door and switching off the hob to minimise the damage.

Jump to first paragraph.


Have your say - post a comment on this article

Registered users log in here
If you are registered with us, you can login here. If you are not registered, please do so now. Once logged in you wont have to complete word verification each time you post.